The Scottish Government wants to know your views on a new Climate Change Act. This is our chance to call for ambitious new targets and action to tackle climate change, as well as create jobs, improve health and reduce poverty. Stop Climate Chaos Scotland is calling for the Scottish Government to:
- Set a target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest, and a reduction of 77% by 2030
- Ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- Commit to actions that cut emissions and deliver and cleaner, healthier, more prosperous Scotland:
- greener farming: set a nitrogen budget for Scotland by 2020
- energy efficient homes: ensure that all homes have at least Energy Performance Rating C by 2025
- cleaner transport: phase out the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2030.
Headline campaign asks:
Other policy priorities:
If you like our campaign please share the action page - the more people that take action the louder our collective voice will be.
Once you've taken the action, share it with your Twitter network or post a message on Facebook. Feel free to share why the action is important to you, and add images to bring your posts to life. We're using the campaign hashtag #oorfuture.
I’ve just emailed my MSP asking them to push for a bolder Climate Change Bill. Take action at bit.ly/SCCSAct #oorfuture
Scotland has led the world on climate action. Let’s lead again and get to 0 emissions by 2050! bit.ly/SCCSAct #oorfuture
For more resources including posters and lobbying tips, please see our campaigns materials page.