Act for Our Future
Between July and September 2017 19,000 people contacted the Scottish Government to call for an ambitious new Climate Change Bill. You can read more about the process between now and when the Bill becomes law (late 2018) on our calendar page.
Stop Climate Chaos Scotland is calling for the Scottish Government to:
- Set a target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest, and a reduction of 77% by 2030
- Ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- Commit to actions that cut emissions and deliver and cleaner, healthier, more prosperous Scotland:
- greener farming: set a nitrogen budget for Scotland by 2020
- energy efficient homes: ensure that all homes have at least Energy Performance Rating C by 2025
- cleaner transport: phase out the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2030.